- Obama declares that he will close Guantanamo; never mind that he has absolutely no plan about what he'll do with those detainees after Gitmo closes
- Rahm Emmanuel calls the ideas of his fellow Democrats f....ing retarded, offending Sarah Palin and untold others who have children with special needs
- Janet Napolitano declares that "the system worked" after terrorist wannabe Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab almost succeeds in blowing up a Northwest Airlines jet over Detroit
- Attorney General Eric Holder decides to mirandize Abdulmutallub after just 50 minutes of interrogation by the FBI, causing the talkative terrorist to suddenly clam up
- Eric Holder announces plans to hold the trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of 9/11, in New York City. This in turn causes an uproar among the public and in Congress, which is forcing the administration to find a new venue for the trial
- Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood issues a statement that Toyota owners should "quit driving" their cars, then has to backpedal and says he "misspoke"
Do any of these people ever bother to engage their brains before operating their tongues? These incidents are deeply troubling on several levels. They demonstrate a lack of forethought, an inability to foresee consequences, poor impulse control and a profound lack of maturity and wisdom. I believe many of these people are simply incompetent, not real bright and some of them deserve to be fired. Add to that a profound lack of seriousness and you have a disaster in the making.